For More Profit, More Customers, and More Time to Grow Your Business
Do you own your business, or does it own you?
If you’re like most cell dealers, you may have found that basic tasks seem to eat up all your time. And there’s hardly enough left in the day to simply keep your store going.
It’s no wonder…
Owning and operating a cell-phone shop means you have a billion things to do each day… you’re wearing way too many “hats”… and putting out fires sometimes feels like a second job.
And if nothing changes, you may always struggle to run a successful business. At least, it’ll be near-impossible to expand to more shops… and you’ll remain a prisoner of your own business—stressed out and shackled by the daily grind.
Well… nobody said business was easy.
But if you could get some things off your plate—without anything falling through the cracks… then you could focus on GROWING your business. You could finally take off your manager’s hat and put on the one that says OWNER.
And now you can.
With automation tools found in modern ‘Retail Management Systems’ (which is like a fancy name for point-of-sale + automation tools). These tools can help manage your employees, your inventory, and even your customer’s experience… and they can help reclaim your time.
Not only that…
The right tools actually make your business better. They can boost your profits, help you get customers, and help you grow your business.
Without further ado—here are the top 3 ways to automate your shop in 2019:
Why Automate Your Inventory Management?
Somebody new comes into your shop, walks directly to the counter, and says he wants a Certified Pre-Owned iPhone… then he takes out $600 cash and slaps it on the counter.
No sweat, you tell him – you’ll just check the system to see what’s in stock. But then you discover that you’re fresh out…
So your ex-new customer walks out annoyed. Then he goes to the nearest competing shop and buys from them instead… and he’s so satisfied with their service compared to yours that he becomes a loyal customer… coming back every month and even referring a few of his friends.
That’s what happens when your shop ends up understocked from inventory mismanagement.
If you don’t have an automated inventory management system… you’re serving customers to your competitors on a silver platter. This tool also helps you:
- Prevent overstocking so you can avoid those awful cash-flow gaps in your business (and dead-inventory that loses value by the day).
- Stock exactly the right items… in exactly the right quantities with predictive AI.
- Keep an eye on each piece of inventory that enters or leaves your shop – so no theft goes unnoticed.
- Automated inventory tracking makes tax-time a cinch every year.
- Save time ordering because you know which items are selling – and which aren’t.
That’s why automated inventory management is hardly optional for cell dealers who want to grow their business. It’s one of the best ways to simplify your day, increase profits, and avoid giving your customers to the competition.
And that’s just the beginning…
Unreliable Retail Employees? Meet Automated Employee Management
Are your employees usually reliable? Self-motivated? Do they hold themselves accountable without constant supervision?
If you’re a mobile shop owner… I won’t hold my breath for a “yes.”
That’s why it’s important to have the right tools to motivate your employees and keep them accountable. A system that keeps an eye on them – and automatically does it all without constant supervision.
And that’s why the most successful cell dealers rely on a system to help automate employee management. A system that includes:
- Daily sales goals and automatic commission tracking to keep your employees focused and motivated – without daily reminders.
- A scheduling assistant that reveals your busiest days and times, so scheduling is a breeze.
- A time-clock that tracks the hours worked by your employees, so you don’t have to (and makes payroll is a breeze—whether you have 2 employees or 20).
And that’s just the start:
Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Automate Better Customer Relationships
Retail is a customer business. You’re trying to take care of the customer — solve something for the customer. – Erik Nordstrom, President, Nordstrom Direct
In a retail business, without happy customers… your business is dead.
And without happy repeat customers… the future of your business isn’t looking good.
Acquiring a new customer is anywhere from five to 25x more expensive than retaining an existing one (Harvard Business Review said this, but it’s also common knowledge).
Not only that…
Research shows that increasing customer retention rates by just 5% increases profits by 25% to 95%. That’s because repeat customers spend more money than new customers, and they give you free customers via word-of-mouth referrals.
That means giving your customers a consistently amazing experience is your #1 priority. Which is why a CRM system is one of your greatest advantages as a mobile dealer.
Because it helps you provide better service and build stronger personal relationships with your customers:
- Pull up any customer’s information within seconds with just a phone number – so you’re never treating your repeat customers like strangers… asking the same old questions every visit: “What carrier do you have? How much do you pay?”
- Instantly access your customer’s device preferences, purchase history and everything you’ll need to provide a fast and convenient experience.
- See when your customers are ready for upgrades or loyalty offers, so you know when (and what) to market to easily boost your revenue.
That’s why a CRM is one of the most powerful tools for growing your mobile shops. It automates better relationships with your customers, lets you provide better service, and creates loyal customers that come back for more and tell their friends.
And that’s another reason why…
Successful Cell Dealers Rely on Automation
If you want to run a better business in 2019, using the right automation tools is a no-brainer.
They save you time and help you manage your entire business—from your customers to your employees, to your inventory. And that’s only including these 3 tools (there are many more).
Where can you get these tools? They’re commonly bundled into modern point-of-sale solutions like CellSmart POS. You can learn more here, or you can claim your free 7-day trial and start automating your business today with CellSmart POS.